Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rosh Hashanah Menu



Well, I can honestly say that I am really tired, but it was so worth it. All of the food turned out as I had hoped - the matzoh ball soup was fragrant with thyme and bright flecks of carrot and celery, the brisket was a bronzed beauty with a silky plum and onion confit that just napped its sides in a perfect embrace. The flan managed to unmold perfectly, (as Julia Child famously said, you must flip with conviction!) and bathed in caramel sauce that begged for a stray 6 year-old finger to just graze the surface...
I rounded out this week's menu with glazed carrots, a chunky cinnamon applesauce that comes together in the microwave, and wheat bran and raisin muffins.
Heavens! What will next week bring? I did see some perfect strawberries and lovely dark red rhubarb at CM, practically begging to be made into a pie... Well, we'll see.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment