Sunday, September 6, 2009

My first delivery menu

My first delivery menu was created for my wonderful friend Jennifer. Her appreciation and love of food always sparks my creativity, and I will always try to come up with dishes that bring that special sparkle to her eyes.
*Challah French Toast
*Tuscan White Bean Soup
*Potato Bread
*Rigatoni with Sauce Bolognese
*Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
*Double Chocolate Brownies
I love the recipe that I use for French Toast - it is adapted from a Cook's Illustrated recipe that I have used for years. I confess though that I do not use my own challah bread for making french toast - I just buy a good loaf from Whole Foods or CM. It just takes too much time and effort to bake bread from scratch to use up for something like this, and there never seem to be any leftovers... The Tuscan White Bean Soup is a gem too. I love the layers of flavor that you get - from the smokiness of the pancetta to the slight piny tang of rosemary at the end. However, I have to admit that the standout for me in this menu was the bolognese sauce. My God! (Did I mention that I am mostly vegetarian? I do taste what I am cooking though and will taste recipes that contain meat now.) This sauce almost single-handedly converted me to a confirmed carnivore status again. It was a revelation of flavors and nuances, somehow both meaty and cheesy (although the sauce does not have any cheese in it). The house was redolent of delicious flavors for days. I really feel like making this again...

No comments:

Post a Comment