Thursday, September 17, 2009

Register for Paris Marathon... Check!

I am now officially on the road to Paris. I finally got through on the registration page and am now inscrite in the Marathon - and my Numéro de dossard is 47562. Just by registering I am increasing my french vocabulary - who knew that a bib is actually a dossard? I will never use the word again - from now on I will always call it a dossard, Fancy Nancy be damned!
I had been waiting to register since I first had the idea to do this. Somehow it makes the whole thing concrete.
I had been warned that the marathon always sells out pretty fast, so I had been marking time until September 15, the date when registration opened. Unfortunately it seemed like the website for the marathon hadn't been clued in as fully as I had been, and kept displaying the same message claiming that the prochaine edition would be open on the 15th (Liars! I fumed...) Finally, just before 10 PM I was able to log on and register. Félicitations!
The race commission requires that participants submit a health certificate before the registration is complete, leading me to believe that the french do not like their marathon participants to expire... Good idea I suppose, but one more step for me. I may actually have to break down and have a physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment